Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday, Aug. 20: Luke breaks the silence (written by luke)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven’t written but I’ve been a bit busy these past two weeks. See, my buddy, the placenta, didn’t like being my roommate. I guess he had issues with the use of space. Look, I tried to compromise with him, but I needed more room. I’m a big guy. So placenta decided to move out, which caused a big disruption in our space. Before I knew it, I had to do a room change and was moved into a very strange place with lights, sounds, and air. It was definitely strange. As a result, I retreated into myself for the past two weeks. Finally I decided it was time for me to come out of my hiding hole and join the world. Surprisingly, I really liked it. There’s these two people always at my bedside, and a little girl who told me that I was her sweetheart. That really woke me up from my miserable funk with Placenta. Actually there’s a lot of people always taking care of me, checking in and making sure I’m okay. Sometimes they get me mad when they stick me in the heel, but most of the time they leave me alone to sleep and dream the days away. I have realized that I get hungry and one of these people, I think she’s the one they call Mom, provides a nice supply of milk every day. I‘ve overheard that they’ll have to open a new milk bank the way she is going. I’ve been shy in drinking this stuff. Look, I’m really depressed about placenta leaving me and haven’t been myself in a LONG time. But my stomach does like milk, so I’ve been nibbling here and there and getting used to the white stuff. Mom, as they call her, seems to really want me to get going on this. She wears me out trying to get me to drink the stuff and from the strangest place, a breast. All I’ve ever known has been my hands, so this has been a really strange adventure. Then there’s the other person, Dad. He’s cool. He reads to me and cuddles me. I really like how warm he is. Reminds me of my old space. Ooooo… I’m retreating back to where I was…. Stay in the present, Luke. Okay, I’m fine now. Well, this really tried me out writing so much for the first time. I promise everyone I’ll do better with this milk drinking and get out of this place they call the NICU so everyone can check me out. I haven’t seen myself, but I’ve heard that I’m pretty cute. Well, I gotta show myself off to the world. Catch ya later!

No comments: