Friday, October 17, 2008

Luke's Corner in Lukaland (told by him)

O how fast time flies. I’ve been at this new strange location for a month now. It’s much better than my last place. Not so many people poking at me (though that little girl does like to hold me and kiss my face all the time). Hardly any blinky sounds or alarms going off. Just me and two big people who call themselves Mom and Dad, and this little person who calls herself Carlita. I’ve been spending most of my time with the female, called Mom. She’s cool – she’s always there to give me my food and holds me a lot. I like that very much. I’m not much for sleeping on my back and I have this awful stuffy nose that I just can’t get rid of. Trust me, mom and Dad try their best trying to suck the snorts out of my tiny nose and sending saline up my nose. Not fun at all. For someone who had a hard time breathing from the start, this isn’t helping me. But I ‘ll get over it – you all know me – the fighter. So my schedule is real simple – I like it that way. I sleep, pass gas which wakes me (I hate it), eat Mommy milk, pass out at her breast, wake up if she moves me, eat more, sleep. That’s it. Not too busy – just enough time to get my beauty rest. I do have my bad spells when Mom and Dad have to stay up all night with me (I feed every two hours) but I’m a newborn. What do you expect?


Mom does have me doing these “play” sessions with her and some researcher from campus. I don’t like it every much at first but now I’m starting to see things and notice Mom interacting with me. So much that I even smiled last week for her. It wasn’t that “gassy in my sleep” smile. I truly smiled at her – she was being funny.
Also the family went to visit my Tia Sandra and her family. I met my cousin Sofia. She’s a cutie. We also visited Abuela, who is a bit high strong for me. My sister took care of it though telling her that I was her baby, not Abuela. That girl – already watching out for me.


Lastly, we went for a 2 month check up. I weighed in at 10 pounds (I double my weight from birth), was 21 and half inches long and my head was 14 and ¼ inches round. I’m definitely filling out all over the place. My sister weighed in at 30 pounds and was 37 ½ inches tall. Wow!! That’s’ big! She keeps telling us all that she’s not the baby but a big girl. She’s working on potty training but sometimes wants to be a baby just like me. I do like her but sometimes she’s a bit too much for me. I’ll get used to it I guess. Well that’s it from Luke’s corner in Lukaland. Stay tune for my next adventures.


1 comment:

hiyaluv said...

cute post! :) i love that it is from luke's point of view:)